Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Let me guess: they were closed when you swallowed them?

I was cruising the internets, minding my own business, when I came across this little gem. It's genius really, cause they're safe. They're safety pins...

THIS is why I want to be a doctor. I want to be the first guy to see this x-ray, just because, come one. Now, I have no medical knowledge at all, but I'm guessing this is a baby, cause those ribs look pretty small right? I want to be the guy to put this baby under, slice him open, pull those suckers out of his esophagus, and save his effin' life. That's a pretty bad-ass day's work.

And seriously, how are you going to get bored when kids like this find such innovative ways to hurt themselves? Why, there must be a million hilarious but very grave ways to hurt yourself just by swallowing stuff! As a side note, I would feel more guilty about jesting at this kid's misfortune, but I am assured by my sources at the Mutter Museum that the pins were safely extracted, and he was OK in the end. Thus, it's totally open season on Young Captain Einstein here.

On a side note, yes, this x-ray is from the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia. I have actually been to this museum when I lived in Filthadelphia, and it's pretty bad-ass. It's a museum full of medical oddities - giant skeletons, siamese twins stuff, and (one that sticks out in my mind) this giant colon filled with poo. Seriously, some guy had a medical condition whereby he didn't poo for like months. He died, and they stuck his giant-ass colon full of poo in a museum!

What a shitty way to go!!

(a-thank you)


  1. "Now, I have no medical knowledge at all"

    No shit?

  2. "Now, I have no medical knowledge at all"

    No shit?