Monday, June 27, 2011

Queens, Kings, Jacks, and Things

Queens - I have been listening to one of my old favorites, Queens of the Stone Age. Back in the day, I was a big fan of their albums "Songs for the Deaf" (which has a real song for actual deaf on it, which is amazing - you need to hear it to believe it) and "Era Vulgaris". Right now though, I am listening to "Lullabies to Paralyze", which is an excellent album. The thing about QOTSA is that Josh Homme is a mad genius, so their stuff is weird by any measure, but also, if you just let it happen, you start to understand it, and the absolute genius of it.

Kings - I have been watching the inimitable "Game of Thrones" for the last couple of months, and yesterday I watched the season 1 conclusion. I have to say that this is one of those shows that, I think, will be timeless. The only comparable show in terms of sheer genius is "Battlestar Galactica" (the reboot, not the 70's show). Ahh me... glad to see a new show that kills it every time.

Jacks - Jack is what I have now that my life is in total chaos. Secondaries are coming in (from 2 schools so far), and I am getting ready to quit my Job (that's pronounced like the Arrested Development character, which actually is another sick show...), and I am trying to find new jobs. But you know what, this is all voluntary. If I wanted to go use my masters degree and make a bunch of money, I would do things totally differently. But that's not the goal. I want to go to med school dammit! So it's worth it :)

Things - Today I am spending my time cutting 3cm x 3cm blocks of agar in to slices. 20 microns at a time. Over and over again. Whilst standing up. Hunching over. All day. Epic Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment