Friday, February 18, 2011

Lightningbolt-shooter-thingy


I was up at 5am today studying. That sucked.

A short compendium of things that suck marginally less than waking up at 5am to study Physics and Gen Chem:

1) A forceful kick in the between-the-legs area.

2) A staple in the forehead.

3) Eating a sawdust-and-coffeegrinds pancake... which is what I had for breakfast.





A short compendium of things that suck marginally more than waking up at 5am to study Physics and Gen Chem:

1) Two forceful kicks in the between-the-legs area.

2) A larger staple in the forehead.

3) Eating a sawdust...wait. Nope, thats it. There is no #3.


I have decided to move my study sessions from 10pm-2am to 5am-8am and then an hour or two in the evening. I am not a morning person, but the MCAT starts at 8am, in about 6 weeks, so I figured it makes sense to get my brain used to doing that stuff in the AM...ugh. Not a morning person.

On a related note, this is my second time taking the MCAT. The first time, I did not study verbal at all, studied bio pretty minimally (I was a bio major), and studied my ass off for phys and gen chem, did no full-length practice tests, and got a 32, which is pretty good considering. Also, my worst section of the MCAT was, you guessed it, physical sciences (a 9).

However, I have learned a thing or two since then. If you, gentle reader, happen to be approaching the MCAT, allow me to share with you a couple of things. First off, definitely definitely do full-length practices. I failed to finish 2 out of 3 sections on the actual MCAT cause my timing was way off. Second, do crosswords. I just happen to really love crosswords, and I think it really improves your critical thinking skills. It demands outside-the-box thinking. Great way to start your day: I do the NYT every morning. Speaking of which, quiz time:

Tesla is:

a) The name of the father of electricity.

b) The name of a talented but uncommonly ugly-in-their-faces early 90's metal band.

c) An answer in today's NYT x-word.

d) When combined with the word "coil", the name of an awesome thingy that...um...shoots...lighting bolts out of its...thingy. (I'm going to get wrecked by the physics section again...)

e) All of the above.



If you answered e, then you are smart. If you answered anything but e, you are dumb. Good day, gentle reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment