Sunday, October 16, 2011

iiiin West Philadelphia born n' raised

So I am in an airport again, this time headed to West Philadelphia, my old home. I lived in Philly for a couple of years, and I am actually kind of excited to visit. I'll try to get to some of my old stomping grounds, and some of the awesome restaurants. I'll be hanging out with a couple of friends today, and tomorrow I'll be hitting up my 3rd interview.

It has come to my attention that I cannot remember the last time I had a true day off from life, and that I have no idea when the next one will be. I get 2 days a week off from work, and for the last...4 weeks? I have had shit to do. All of October is booked with travel (interviews and visiting family), and so my current hope is that November will bring a day where I can sleep in till 2pm, crawl to the couch in my superman pajamas, and watch TV till I get hungry, at which point I will slither to the kitchen and grab some Doritos with hot sauce... yesss....

Not that I am complaining! Interviews are going well, and I am excited to do these last 3 interviews in October, and I am super excited that I might get in to med school before xmas. Having said that, I need to plan for 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1: I Get Accepted to Med School

Should this scenario come to pass, there will be revelry. Said revelry will begin with me running balls-naked down Main st. in Metalton screaming like a madman and waving my Golden Ticket high in the air. In the unlikely event that my acceptance arrives in a form other than a golden ticket in the mail, I will print a golden ticket on my printer with the word "Accepted" on it). I will then arrive at Metalton Town Hall and burst spontaneously in to a big Broadway rendition of "I Got the World on a String" backed up by a cast of 200 chorus girls and men in tuxedos. In the unlikely event that my spontaneous cast of 200 is completely unprepared and/or non-existent, I will do the number alone. And then find some clothes and get dressed.

Scenario 2: I Do Not Get Accepted to Med School

Should this scenario come to pass, a sobbing, despaired, enraged, lunatical rampage will most likely ensue. Said rampage will begin with me running balls-naked down Main st. in Metalton screaming like a madman and crying like a fat kid whose last slice of cake was just smashed by Gordon Ramsay. I shall then...oh hell, I shall then pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment