Thursday, January 27, 2011

By Hook or by Crook


Thus begins the long and illustrious career of god's gift to physicians.

Either that, or its just another chapter in a ridiculous and strange life, the more interesting parts of which I will perhaps reveal as appropriate anecdotes come to mind.

My name is Axl Rose. Or it would be if I had had a chance to name myself at my own birth. The reason I would have chosen that name is that I love Guns N Roses. I am a big metal head... The reason I spell it like that is because I got it like that.

A couple years ago, I decided that I wanted to become a doctor. As of today, I have applied once previously with mixed results. Ultimately, obviously, I didn't end up going to med school, as evidenced by the fact that...


I'm sitting in a cafe studying for the goddam MCAT again. Its the worst most brutal test I have ever had the privilege of studying for. I am planning to apply again this summer, 2011. I'll chronicle my journey to the best of my ability; perhaps it will make you laugh, perhaps you'll find it informative, and maybe it will be of some use to people like me.

And by people like me, I mean people who have pretty bad grades from undergrad, are slightly older than the average applicant (25 years young), and mired balls-deep in a variety of debt... with a currently overdrawn bank account... due to my ravenous appetite for destruction and gambling.

Well actually not gambling. Just destruction.

This is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment